High Court litigation
Magistrate’s Court litigation
Our firm delivers excellent and effective service to clients on a regular basis in Regional and
Magistrate’s Court litigation.
Our services range from (but is not limited to) Road Accident Fund Claims, Rescission of
Judgments and removal of adverse credit information at credit bureaus, claims for damages
arising out of car accidents, personal injuries and more, divorce proceedings, etc.
The amount and essence of a claim will determine in which Court action is instituted.
The Magistrate’s Court adjudicate claims up to R200,000.00. Should your claim, however, be
more than R200,000.00 and below R400,000.00, or should you wish to institute divorce
proceedings in a Lower Court, the Regional Court will have jurisdiction to entertain your
You can rest assured that our professional team of practitioners and support staff will ensure
that your case is handled in the most effective manner possible.
Should you have any queries relating to litigation and the services our firm provide, feel free
to contact us at your convenience.
EMPLOYMENT & LABOUR LAW
We provide services to a whole range of clients which includes individuals, corporates
and unions in resolving complicated employment issues with practical solutions for
clients as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We are equipped to handle general employment, collective labour, individual
employment and employment litigation advice and services to all our clients.
Our services include the following;
• Disciplinary hearings
• Collective and individual employment litigation
• Unfair labour practice
• Restraint of trade
• Policy, procedure and handbook development
• Employment contracts
• Employment equity, Affirmative action which includes discrimination litigation.
• Transfer of businesses
• Health & Safety
• Employee benefits & Compensation
• Strikes & Lockouts
Conveyancing describes the legal procedure whereby ownership of immovable
property is changed (i.e. ownership is “conveyed” from the existing owner to the
The Conveyancer’s performance and his duty will be guided by the contents of the
Agreement between the parties as are recorded in the Deed of Sale. In the instance
of any other instruction – the conveyance will act upon the terms of the instruction
and see to a quick and hassle free registration. The Conveyancer therefore, is
compelled to act in accordance with the clause of the sale agreement.
Our vastly experienced conveyancing team, and other support staff, specializes in all
aspects of commercial and residential property transactions and conveyancing. On a
daily basis, the team deals with:
•Mortgage bonds, cancellations and registrations
•Establishment of sectional title schemes
•Removal of restrictions
•Notarial deeds of cession
•Correspondence work – for firms across the country.
In South Africa, on the other hand, the transfer of ownership in immovable property is
governed by legislation and specific in terms of Section 16 of the Deeds Registries Act
47 of 1937 which stipulates that transfer must be affected by Deed of Transfer,
registered by the Registrar of Deeds. The purpose of the mentioned registration
process is twofold:
• To transfer ownership of immovable property; and
• To place the registered owner of land in a position to prove his ownership easily, by
producing his registered deed of transfer.
Although the South African system of land registration is of a high standard, it does
not always furnish a complete or accurate picture of the rights in respect of land and
mistakes do sometimes occur but it remains, however, a reliable source of information
about the legal position of immovable property.
Property law further deals with all the remedies an owner can use to protect his/her
OUR BEE COMMITMENT:
•We are committed towards the process of transformation and general upliftment and
attach hereto our BEE Certification as proof thereof. Our Company’s status level for
Enterprise Development constitutes a Level 4 Contributor.
We also are part of one of the leadings financial institutions in South Africa and have
to adhere to their level of standards which we fulfilled. We also have the adhere to
the fica law and the new national credit act. Please visit their website for more info.
A notary public (or notary or public notary) in the common law world is a public
officer constituted by law to serve the public in non-contentious matters usually
concerned with estates, deeds, powers-of-attorney, and foreign and international
A notary’s main functions are to administer oaths and affirmations, take affidavits and
statutory declarations, witness and authenticate the execution of certain classes of
documents, take acknowledgments of deeds and other conveyances, protest notes
and bills of exchange, provide notice of foreign drafts, prepare marine or ship’s
protests in cases of damage, provide exemplifications and notarial copies, and
perform certain other official acts depending on the jurisdiction
Certain documents must by law be drawn and attested by a notary. Only attorneys
who have passed a practical examination and have been admitted by the High Court,
can practice as a notary. All our attorneys are also notaries and provide the following
• Registration of antenuptial contracts
• Registration and cancellation of notarial bonds
• Registration and cancellation of notarial lease agreements
• Registration and cancellation of notarial servitudes
• Registration of notarial trusts
• Drafting of foreign notarial wills
• General notarial practice and drafting of agreements
• Powers of Attorney
• Certifying documents as true copies for use of abroad
• Notarising documents for the purchase or sale of foreign property
• Affidavits and Declarations
• Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration
We aim to provide you with a highly professional and friendly notary public service,
whether you require a single document notarised or passport copies made or more
complex company documentation for use abroad.
Call us to fulfil all your notarial requirements.
Administration of Estates
Motor Vehicle Accident claims
We offer a full spectrum of services and can assist with the drafting, implementation and
termination of contracts and the furnishing of advice and services on issues involving
commercial, competition law, dispute resolution, employment law, finance and banking,
intellectual property, real estate and tax law, to name a few.
•Commercial Contracts and Joint Ventures
•Corporate and Commercial
•Due diligence Investigations
•Insurance and Reinsurance
We also form trusts, register companies and close corporations and conduct searches and
due diligence investigations.
We also have a Criminal Law department specialising in inter alia, laws related to murder, rape, fraud, theft and assault etc. These services include but will not be limited to:
• SAPS Clearance Certificates
• Expungement of criminal records
• After hours bail applications
• Unlawful arrest claims
• Criminal trials
In the event of the passing of a loved one, a family wants to be sure that the financial affairs of the deceased are wound up timeously and that the interests of the heirs and legatees are protected. The assets and liabilities of the deceased is collectively referred to as the “deceased estate”, and all these estates must be reported to the Master of the High Court within whose jurisdiction the deceased resided at time of death. After the estate has been reported, the Master will appoint an Executor to attend to the winding up of the estate. The winding up of an estate, amongst other things, pertains to the following aspects:
• Correspondence with Master of the High Court
• Taking possession and/or control of all the assets of the deceased and compiling an Inventory thereof
• Informing all creditors of the passing of the deceased by way of an advertisement in the Government Gazette and a local newspaper
• Opening an estate late bank account
• Closing all bank accounts of the deceased
• Dealing with policies, investments and shares
• Drafting of the Liquidation and Distribution account (Assets and Liabilities account)
• Transfer of movable and immovable property to heirs (motor vehicles, houses etc.)
• Distribution of property to the hairs and legatees.
Our firm has attended to the finalisation of numerous deceased estates, and is therefore competent to attend to the winding up of an estate in a timeous and effective manner, allowing family to get closure, without the finalisation of the estate being extended unnecessarily.
Family law is an area of the law that deals with family-related issues and domestic
• the nature of marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships;
• issues arising throughout marriage, including spousal abuse, legitimacy, adoption,
surrogacy, child abuse, and child abduction
• the termination of the relationship and ancillary matters including divorce,
annulment, property settlements, alimony, and parental responsibility orders (in the
United States, child custody and visitation, child support and maintenance).
The firm has a dedicated Family Law department. The department deals with
amongst others, matrimonial maters including Divorce, Custody, Guardianships,
institution of protection orders and defending same, suing for maintenance and
defending same, etc.
We specialize in the following areas of family law:
• Divorce law
• Civil union and co-habitation agreements
• Parental rights and responsibilities
• Custody disputes and all other related family law matters
• Variation of existing divorce orders
• Protection Orders
• General Family law advice
Our focus is providing our clients with an efficient and effective service. However, our
approach is managing disputes to attempt to negotiate and support an amicable
resolution between parties.